The Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Program Director for two programs within the department of Counseling, School and Educational Psychology. The two programs are MHC-Masters Program and MHC-Advanced Graduate Certificate (AGC). The Program Director will hold a clinical faculty appointment (Clinical Assistant Professor) and report directly to the department Chair.
Scope of responsibilities for the Program Director include:
- Provide leadership of the MHC Masters and AGC programs by assessing, reviewing, revising and developing program components.
- Direct MHC masters and AGC program admissions.
- Ensure program complies with current accreditation standards (Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council – MPCAC).
- Schedule and conduct MHC program faculty meetings on a semesterly basis.
- Serve as advisor of record for all AGC-MHC students and advise selected MHC masters degree students.
- Work collaboratively with online programs manager to help ensure optimal student experience in AGC-MHC program.
- Work collaboratively with MHC clinical coordinator to help ensure positive internship experience for students and placement sites.
- Teach courses in either the MHC masters degree and/or AGC programs.
The position is a 10-month academic appointment, however it requires ongoing communications during the summer (e.g., with new and current students, department Chair, Admission office). This is to ensure that time-sensitive matters that arise during the summer are attended to in a responsible manner.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.