Notre Dame de Namur University, in Belmont, CA, is seeking a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty member to teach in the graduate Clinical Psychology Department, beginning Fall, 2017. This position involves teaching graduate Clinical Psychology courses in the late afternoon, evening, and weekend program, including summer, while serving in Departmental service, growth, and development roles that may include, developing professional programs, professional networking, recruitment, promotion, alumni relations, and student mentoring. Courses may include clinical and/or psychotherapy courses, and research courses, including graduate thesis and capstone projects. Position includes actively contributing to the Clinical Psychology Department as part of a small team of full-time faculty. Professional interests and experience in psychotherapy, graduate level teaching, clinical training, community engagement, and mentoring is required.
- Ph.D. in psychology, from a regionally-accredited university department of psychology
- Licensed clinical psychologist with current, CA license and active clinical practice.
- Demonstrated experience teaching a range of Clinical Psychology courses at the graduate level
Other qualifications (highly desirable):
- Demonstrated experience working with students of diverse populations.
- Experience developing professional programs and knowledge of continuing education policies. Demonstrated experience teaching traditional and non-traditional age students.
- Community engagement work, specialized clinical training, and community connections that support NDNU students and their growth.
Application Due Date: May 15, 2017
Application Procedures: NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences working in a diverse environment, particularly as they relate to the classroom, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to
Notre Dame de Namur
1500 Ralston Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: HR@NDNU.edu