The Department of Public Administration at Incheon National University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. Incheon National University is located in the newly developed Songdo International Business District in Incheon, South Korea. The Department of Public Administration is ranked 7th in the country and is currently expanding its international curriculum and focus. Based on a national initiative, the Department was recently incorporated into the College of Law, Commerce, and Public Affairs, and today consists of four Korean professors and three international professors. As such, many courses are offered in English. The department is seeking a new international faculty member who can make a substantial contribution to the further development of the Department through research, teaching, and service.
- Preferred starting date: March 2017
- Level: Open
- Length of contract: Minimum of three years (extension dependent on performance and tenure status at the end of contract period).
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a Ph.D. in public administration, public policy or a related field (A.B.D. will be considered if Ph.D. will be awarded prior to the start of the contract)
- Have published a minimum of 2 articles in Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) listed journals in the last 3 years
- Be a non-Korean national
Some of the benefits of the position include:
- A competitive salary based on the national pay scale and experience
- A monthly housing stipend
- A research grant of 10 million Korean won in the first contract year
- Additional monies for publications in competitive, international journals
- Comprehensive health care provided for the candidate and dependents through the national health care system, after undergoing a health check
- Retirement benefits
- 3 annual vacation payments that combined are roughly equivalent to an extra month of salary
- Other welfare benefits
- Deliver 9 credit hours per semester of high quality teaching within a standard public administration curriculum to majors at the undergraduate level, and to masters and doctoral students at the graduate level. The language of instruction is English.
- Sustain an active research agenda, publishing a minimum of 2 articles in SSCI listed journals during the contract period.
- Service to the department such as advising students
In PDF format, submit a CV, cover letter, a list of 3 references (including email addresses), and 2 recent journal articles by email to Dr. Jesse Campbell at:
Applications may also be submitted by mail to the following address:
Dr. Jesse Campbell
Department of Public Administration
Incheon National University
12-1 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu
Incheon, SOUTH KOREA
After an initial screening for minimum eligibility requirements, an application will be sent to candidates and should be returned with pdf copies of all degrees received (Bachelors, Masters, and (if applicable) Doctorate), and transcripts. The position will remain open until filled, but applications submitted by December 10 will be given priority.
Note: If you applied for the previous position and would like to be considered for this new post, please send an email indicating so.