Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
User Services Librarian
We are looking for a User Services Librarian to join our Library team at Simmons University. Reporting to the Library Director, the User Services Librarian will provide leadership for library services including circulation, interlibrary loan, reference, and stacks maintenance. From developing service philosophies and standards to coordinating initiatives with student-centered departments, this position will play a critical role in ensuring the library meets the needs of the Simmons community.
The Simmons University Library fully supports the educational needs of all members of the Simmons Communitystudents, faculty, staff, alumnae/i, and guests. Housed in Lefavour Hall on Simmons' main campus, the Library offers a comfortable and productive environment for learning, including an array of group study rooms, meeting rooms, event spaces, and quiet study areas.
Outreach and Engagement
- Coordinate and manage the provision of user-focused services;
- Ensure efficient daily operations, quality outcomes, and user satisfaction;
- Coordinate hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of User Services staff and student workers;
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the functions and capabilities of the library systems for Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, Stacks Maintenance, and other User Services functions;
- Troubleshoot and provide support to staff in all service areas;
- Prepare student worker budget projections and track expenditures;
- Oversee the maintenance, analysis, and reporting of statistics on patron services for in-house assessment, planning, and annual reports;
- Work with Systems & Web Applications Librarian to identify opportunities ensure Library's online presence effectively meets user needs;
- Engage in assessment activities to measure and benchmark services and works closely with Library and other staff to develop and ensure the provision of consistent and user-centered policies, procedures, and services;
- Provide leadership on copyright compliance issues and education efforts directed at faculty, staff and students; monitor changes in academic copyright practices and legislation; maintain currency in the Simmons Library copyright policies and guidelines accordingly;
- Participate in relevant professional organizations.
- Develop, promote, and publicize Library and User Services policies and procedures;
- Produce and publicize Library hours' schedule in coordination with Simmons academic community needs each semester;
- Participate in developing content for Library communications and social media;
- Coordinate Library outreach to student groups, Student Life, and other assigned campus populations and offices;
- Coordinate and participate in Library presence at orientation activities;
- Proactively promote awareness and use of the Library's collections and services, and pursue opportunities that engage and inform the community;
- Participate as appropriate on University-wide committees and Library standing committees and workgroups;
- Coordinate services, referrals, and hours with offices in the Center for Student Success including the Writing Center, Tutoring Center, and with Disability Services to ensure access for patrons with special needs.
- Master's Degree from an ALA accredited program in Library & Information Science;
- Demonstrated customer service and troubleshooting experience;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Proven ability to assess, benchmark, and implement process improvements;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
Instructions to Applicants
- Minimum 2 years of public services experience, preferably in an academic library setting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with library and emerging technologies;
- Willingness to contribute to the profession through activities such as publications, presentations and taking leadership roles in professional organizations.
: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/User-Services-Librarian_R05287
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |