The UAE Awaits You …
Become an Educator at the Higher Colleges of Technology
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across 7 Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 85 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
With a reputation for embedding innovative teaching, learning methods and technologies in its pedagogy, HCT is at the cutting-edge of the UAE’s drive to diversify the economy towards a knowledge-oriented base. Teaching methods and technologies are the most modern available and focus on student achievement, advancement, and employment.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
The HCT adopts international academic standards in classifying faculty according to their qualifications & experience, in one of the following 3 ranks:
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
HCT Senior Management Team is planning to visit San Diego City in California, USA expected in the second week of April 2018, to conduct face to face interviews with the shortlisted qualified candidates.
General Studies Faculty
Faculty provides effective instruction in English Foreign Language (EFL). The curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. Faculty play an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline is required.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching English, preferably at a tertiary level
- Preference for teaching experience in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards
- Have effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
For a detailed job description and to apply please visit https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/WebForms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=37099&h=0. We are currently looking for Faculty to start in August 2018 and the review of candidates will continue until the position is filled. All candidate inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.