Simmons College is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons comprises an undergraduate liberal education program for women plus professional graduate programs with master's and doctoral degrees for men and women, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The campus-based SSW offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, PhD) and has an innovative online MSW degree, SocialWork@Simmons
This position is a full-time ten-month contract faculty position (non-tenure track) in the BSW Program. This position requires both classroom teaching as well as Field liaison responsibilities for the BSW program. This position requires the candidate to be located on the Simmons campus in Boston.
- Assume responsibility for classroom teaching in the BSW program. Teaching assignments will include generalist social work practice courses, Human Behavior in the Social Environment, and field seminar.
- Participate in curricular development activities with BSW faculty.
- Serve as field liaison between the School, students, and field agencies to support effective community-based learning opportunities.
- Conduct field liaison site visits for BSW students in Field Placements.
- Participate in the advisement of BSW students as assigned by the BSW Program Director.
- Participate in program and college committees and projects as elected or appointed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Master's degree in Social Work with a minimum of 5 years post MSW professional experience and highest level of licensure is required.
- Experience teaching at the baccalaureate level is required.
- Experience as field instructor for BSW students is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills are strongly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are strongly desired.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, google docs and a solid understanding for adapting technology in an educational context; willingness to learn new tools and software is desired.
The projected start date for this position is August 15, 2018.
Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, CV, a writing sample, and the names and contact information for three references. All documents should be uploaded in the Resume/CV section on the 'My Experience' page of the application.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Associate-Professor-of-Practice--BSW-Program_R04527
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.