Learning Resource Center
Professional Development and Learning Resource
Librarian is a member of a team who provides support to the LRC Director in the delivery of the library operations and the development of effective programs of library services and learning support activities for students. Librarians work to deliver these programs in concert with the mission, goals, and objectives of the University.
· A Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited University.
· At least five years of progressively responsible experience in an academic library.
· Knowledge and experience of Reference Services, Information Services and Bibliographic Instruction.
· A demonstrated familiarity with overall academic library operations.
· Commitment to the role of the academic libraries in supporting teaching and research.
· Understanding of current issues and emerging technologies in academic librarianship.
· A record of active participation and leadership roles in professional associations.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with American or British Library education and experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reference/Information services desk duties.
· Coordinate and deliver information and digital literacy sessions to students, faculty and researchers.
· Assists researchers with literature searchers using databases, printed resources and internet.
· Provides individual instruction on the use of the library and its resources upon request.
· Acts as liaison to the students and faculty of a designated college or program of the university.
· Executes special projects as designated by the LRC Director.
· Provides electronic information services including e-mail reference assistance and interactive chat sessions
· Creates instructional guides to the literature of assigned subject areas and other areas as needed.
· Collects and reports statistics necessary for the interpretation of departmental activity and user satisfaction.
· Coordinates the development and production of user guides, bibliographic guides, and Web-based user information.
· Participates in collection development with emphasis on the subject areas represented in the assigned instructional area and on maintenance and enhancement of the library's reference collection.
· Helps librarians acquire, prepare, and organize materials.
· Participates in the training and supervision of library staff and student assistants.
· Performs other reasonable duties as required.
Benefits and Conditions:
PMU offers an income tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodation, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, and end of contract bonus.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Masters Diploma, statement of teaching interests as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
For direct application online, please visit our PMU website by clicking the link below and look for HR - "Apply Online".